Complete Product Line for Various Standards
By studying various test methods of water vapor transmission rate, Labthink manufactures many water vapor permeability testing instruments based on ASTM E96/GB 1037 (gravimetric method), ISO 15106-2/ASTM F1249 (infrared sensor method), ISO15106-3 (electrolytic sensor method) and ISO15106-1/ASTME398 (humidity sensor method). Labthink has the most complete product line of water vapor permeability testing instruments in packaging industry worldwide.
Water vapor permeability is a measure of the passage of water vapor through a membrane. It is the rate of water vapor transmission per unit area per unit of vapor pressure differential under test conditions.
It is also known as water vapor transmission rate (WVTR) or moisture vapor transmission rate (MVTR).
Gravimetric Method (Cup Method)
- ISO 2528 - Sheet materials -- Determination of water vapour transmission rate -- Gravimetric (dish) method
- ASTM E96 - Standard Test Methods for Water Vapor Transmission of Materials
- ASTM D1653 - Standard Test Methods for Water Vapor Transmission of Organic Coating Films
- TAPPI T464 - Water Vapor Transmission Rate of Paper and Paperboard at High Temperature and Humidity
W3/062 is based on cup method to measure water vapor transmission rate of plastic films, foils and finished packages. It has Six independent testing cells and can be easily connected with 9 satellite systems.
W3/031 is professionally applicable to the water vapor transmission rate test of film specimens. It is equipped with three individual test dishes and the testing process is completely automatic and conforms to international standards.
Infrared Detection Sensor Method
- ISO 15106-2 - Plastics -- Film and sheeting -- Determination of water vapour transmission rate -- Part 2: Infrared detection sensor method
- ASTM F1249 - Standard Test Method for Water Vapor Transmission Rate Through Plastic Film and Sheeting Using a Modulated Infrared Sensor
- TAPPI T557 - Water vapor transmission rate through plastic films and sheeting using a modulated infrared sensor
Electrolytic Detection Sensor Method
- ISO 15106-3 - Plastics -- Film and sheeting -- Determination of water vapour transmission rate -- Part 3: Electrolytic detection sensor method
Humidity Detection Sensor Method
- ISO 15106-1 - Plastics -- Film and sheeting -- Determination of water vapour transmission rate -- Part 1: Humidity detection sensor method
- ASTM E398 - Standard Test Method for Water Vapor Transmission Rate of Sheet Materials Using Dynamic Relative Humidity Measurement
- TAPPI T523 - Dynamic Measurement of Water Vapor Transfer Through Sheet Materials.