How to Register
The proficiency service is totally free of charge.
1. Participating laboratories submit the registration forms before deadline.
2. Labthink Packaging Safety Testing Center (“Testing Center” hereinafter) assign unique lab No. to each laboratory. The lab No. will be used for all activities including the final report and it should be kept confidential by labs.
3. The Testing Center sends lab No. test samples and SOP for Proficiency Service to each lab.
4. Each laboratory should perform the tests according to the SOP for Proficiency Service. When the tests are completed, fill out the “Test Results Submission Form” and email the form to email@example.com. The subject of the email should in form of “Lab No - test results".
5. Please submit the test results before 2019 June 30th, any submission later than the date will not be accepted.
6.The proficiency service report will be issued in the second half of July, and sent to all participating laboratories by the end of July.
7. Only one standard should be selected for each method and test item. Please refer to Appendix 1-3 for test items and test standards.
All the test samples should pass inspection for homogeneity and stability with satisfactory results. For barrier properties test results, the statistical analysis and laboratory performance evaluation are in accordance with CNAS-GL02: Guidance on Statistic Treatment of Proficiency Testing Results and Performance Evaluation. For tensile properties test results, statistical analysis is performed with Cochran test and Grubbs test, the data processing and calculations are more scientific, direct and concise.
Test Items & Test Standards
Appendix 1: Test Items & Test Standards for Permeability Tests
|Test Item||Test Method||Test standard|
|Water Vapor Transmission||Gravimetric method||ISO 2528||Sheet materials--Determination of water vapour transmission rate -- Gravimetric (dish) method|
|ASTM E96/E96M||Standard Test Methods for Water Vapor Transmission of Materials|
|Electrolytic detection sensor method||ISO 15106-3||Plastics -- Film and sheeting -- Determination of water vapour transmission rate --Part 3: Electrolytic detection sensor method|
|ASTM F3299||Standard Test Method for Water Vapor Transmission Rate Through Plastic Film and Sheeting Using an Electrolytic Detection Sensor (Coulometric P2O5 Sensor)|
|Infrared detection sensor method||ISO 15106-2||Plastics -- Film and sheeting -- Determination of water vapour transmission rate -- Part 2: Infrared detection sensor method|
|ASTM F1249||Standard Test Method for Water Vapor Transmission Rate Through Plastic Film and Sheeting Using a Modulated Infrared Sensor|
|Humidity detection sensor method||ASTM E398||Standard Test Method for Water Vapor Transmission Rate of Sheet Materials Using Dynamic Relative Humidity Measurement|
|ISO 15106-1||Plastics -- Film and sheeting -- Determination of water vapour transmission rate -- Part 1: Humidity detection sensor method|
|Oxygen Gas Transmission||Differential- pressure method||ASTM D1434||Standard Test Method for Determining Gas Permeability Characteristics of Plastic Film and Sheeting|
|ISO 15105-1||Plastics -- Film and sheeting -- Determination of gas-transmission rate --Part 1: Differential-pressure methods|
|Equal-pressure method||ASTM D3985||Standard Test Method for Oxygen Gas Transmission Rate Through Plastic Film and Sheeting Using a Coulometric Sensor|
|ISO 15105-2||Plastics -- Film and sheeting -- Determination of gas-transmission rate -- Part 2: Equal-pressure method|
Appendix 2: Test Standards for Tensile Property
|Test Item||Test standard|
|Tensile Property||ASTM D882||Standard Test Method for Tensile Properties of Thin Plastic Sheeting|
|ISO 527-1||Plastics-Determination of tensile properties-Part 1: General Principles|
|ISO 527.3||Plastics -- Determination of tensile properties -- Part 3: Test conditions for films and sheets|
Appendix 2: Test Standards for Thickness measurement
|Test Item||Test standard|
|Thickness||ISO 4593||Plastics -- Film and sheeting -- Determination of thickness by mechanical scanning|
|ASTM D374/D374M||Standard Test Methods for Thickness of Solid Electrical Insulation|
|ASTM D6988||Standard Guide for Determination of Thickness of Plastic Film Test Specimens|
We will provide consulting services regarding barrier testing data, to help participating laboratories to solve their problems encountered during tests.