How to Register
No.1: Download Permeability & Tensile Properties Proficiency Service Application Form on the website of Labthink Instruments Co., Ltd (www.labthink.com). Complete the application form and send it back to firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline of registration date, i.e. May 15, 2018.
No.2: Send email to email@example.com with the subject of “application for proficiency service” to ask for Permeability & Tensile Properties Proficiency Service Application Form. Complete the application form and send it back to firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline of registration date, i.e. May 15, 2018.
The permeability & tensile property proficiency service in spring of 2018 is totally free of charge.
How to participate the Permeability and Tensile Property Proficiency Service
The participants can register by themselves and a unique test lab No. will be designated to the laboratory. The testing data are submitted with this unique test lab No. and the permeability and/or tensile property proficiency service report will be issued with this unique test No. All the testing data will be kept confidential to guarantee the data privacy of the participants.
1. The participants should complete the application form and send it back to Labthink before the deadline for registration.
2. A unique test lab No. will be provided by Labthink Packaging Safety Testing Center (referred as “Testing Center” hereinafter), which will be shown in the report to publish the test data of all laboratories. For reasons of confidentiality, the test lab No. should be kept by the laboratory properly.
3. The testing center will send the test lab No. to each laboratory with the test samples, SOP for Permeability & Tensile Property Proficiency Service, Sample Status Confirmation Form and Test Results Form. Please follow the instructions to perform the tests.
4. On receipt of the test samples, the participants should complete the Sample Status Confirmation Form and fax it to +86-531-85062108 or send it to email@example.com after scanning or taking a photo.
5. Please follow the instructions in SOP for Permeability & Tensile Property Proficiency Service to perform the tests. The complete Test Results Form and fax it to +86-531-85062108 or download Test Results Form from the website http://www.labthink.com and complete it. Then attach the test results form to an email and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org . The title of the email should be displayed as the Test Lab No. plus “Test Results Form”.
6. The test results should be sent to Labthink no later than June 15th, 2018. Participant that fails to submit test results before the deadline are deemed as having given up the participation rights for the permeability proficiency service.
7. The permeability & tensile property proficiency service report will be issued in the early of July, 2018 and sent to all the laboratories that participate in this event.
8. Only one standard should be selected for each method and test item. Please refer to Appendix 1 for test items and test standards.
Preparation for the Event
All the test samples should pass inspection for homogeneity and stability with satisfactory results. The statistical analysis of test results and performance evaluation of laboratory are performed in accordance with CNAS-GL02: Guidance on Statistic Treatment of Proficiency Testing Results and Performance Evaluation.
Test Items & Test Standards
Appendix 1: Test Items & Test Standards for Permeability Tests
|Test Item||Test Method||Test standard|
|Water Vapor Transmission||Gravimetric method||ISO 2528:1995||Sheet materials--Determination of water vapour transmission rate -- Gravimetric (dish) method|
|ASTM E96/E96M-16||Standard Test Methods for Water Vapor Transmission of Materials|
|Electrolytic detection sensor method||ISO 15106-3:2003||Plastics -- Film and sheeting -- Determination of water vapour transmission rate --Part 3: Electrolytic detection sensor method|
|Infrared detection sensor method||ISO 15106.2:2003||Plastics -- Film and sheeting -- Determination of water vapour transmission rate -- Part 2: Infrared detection sensor method|
|ASTM F1249-13||Standard Test Method for Water Vapor Transmission Rate Through Plastic Film and Sheeting Using a Modulated Infrared Sensor|
|Humidity detection sensor method||ASTM E398-13||Standard Test Method for Water Vapor Transmission Rate of Sheet Materials Using Dynamic Relative Humidity Measurement|
|ISO 15106.1:2003||Plastics -- Film and sheeting -- Determination of water vapour transmission rate -- Part 1: Humidity detection sensor method|
|Oxygen Gas Transmission||Differential- pressure method||ASTM D1434-82(2015)e1||Standard Test Method for Determining Gas Permeability Characteristics of Plastic Film and Sheeting|
|ISO 15105.1-2007||Plastics -- Film and sheeting -- Determination of gas-transmission rate --Part 1: Differential-pressure methods|
|Equal-pressure method||ASTM D3985-17||Standard Test Method for Oxygen Gas Transmission Rate Through Plastic Film and Sheeting Using a Coulometric Sensor|
|ISO 15105-2:2003||Plastics -- Film and sheeting -- Determination of gas-transmission rate -- Part 2: Equal-pressure method|
Appendix 2: Test Standards for Tensile Property
|Test Item||Test standard|
|Tensile Property||ASTM D882-2012||Standard Test Method for Tensile Properties of Thin Plastic Sheeting|
|ISO 527-1：2012||Plastics-Determination of tensile properties-Part 1: General Principles|
|ISO 527.3：1995||Plastics -- Determination of tensile properties -- Part 3: Test conditions for films and sheets|
Consulting service will be provided to the laboratories that submit abnormal testing data in the permeability service. With the help of the consultants, we will provide support to solve the problems faced by the participated laboratories.
Any issues not included hereinabove will be interpreted or explained by the organizer.