Thickness Measurement / Benchtop Thickness Tester
Thickness is an important property of a packaging material and critical for other mechanical properties, such as permeability, tensile strength, impact resistance, etc. Besides, it is an efficient way to reduce production cost by controlling material thickness within reasonable range.
Labthink® Thickness Measurement conforms to the multiple national and international standards:
- ASTM D374 - Standard Test Methods for Thickness of Solid Electrical Insulation
- ASTM D1777 - Standard Test Method for Thickness of Textile Materials
- ASTM D3652 - Standard Test Method for Thickness of Pressure-Sensitive Tapes
- ASTM D6988 - Standard Guide for Determination of Thickness of Plastic Film Test Specimens
- ASTM F2251 - Standard Test Method for Thickness Measurement of Flexible Packaging Material
- ISO 4593 - Plastics -- Film and sheeting -- Determination of thickness by mechanical scanning
- ISO 534 - Paper and board -- Determination of thickness, density and specific volume
- ISO 3034 - Corrugated fibreboard -- Determination of single sheet thickness
- ISO 5084 - Textiles -- Determination of thickness of textiles and textile products
- ISO 12625-3 - Tissue paper and tissue products -- Part 3: Determination of thickness, bulking thickness and apparent bulk density and bulk
- TAPPI T411 - Thickness (caliper) of paper, paperboard, and combinedboard
- BS 2782-6, DIN 53370, FEFCO No 3, EN 1942, JIS K6250, JIS K6783, JIS Z1702, etc.